Reasons to love this movie:
- The graphics are amazing. As my friend said, the only thing that still looked like a cartoon were the characters faces. Her long flowy hair makes me wonder if they actually used a persons hair. Not like cut off a girls head and carried it around, but maybe she was walking around the set all Pantene commercial like.
- I love that there is no prince. Too many times our girls are taught that the way and the light to happiness is to be paired with a handsome prince. Not true here — the happiness lies within your ability to wield a weapon. Works for me.
- The folklore makes me want to read more about
IrishSCOTTISH history. Nerdy? Yes. Do I care? No.
Reasons to dislike this movie:
- For a kids movie, I found it fairly violent. We saw it Saturday and yesterday my four year old tried to stab my nine year old with a pencil. She didn’t break skin, but ummmm…yanno. Later she karate chopped her in the stomach. She’s not normally this aggressive? I blame Brave. And lack of parental supervision.
- The accents were difficult to understand. This coming from a person who can really only understand half of what her Filipino mother says.
- I felt like there was something missing from the story. What had the bear been doing all this time? Was it related to Merida and her family? Was there a connection in their royal lineage? What destroyed the castle? Why was it so angry? Why did it have to die by being crushed with a huge stone?
There you go. On to my next cup of coffee. *clink clink*